Sunday, November 22, 2009

Hey guys

Hey guys, I guess I'll go on with my story. Well after I got arrested I went to the Gateway home school program. I must say that it sucked, I am a people person and the whole stay home all day thing really wasn't working for me. However I sucked it up and did it for about 11 weeks then I finished my 9th grade year. Well the summer went by and I had to go back to school and still had 27 weeks left of suspension and knew that home school wasn't going to work, so we looked into alternative school. To my suprize I learned that their was actually a early return program for good behavior and if you were good enough you can get a reduction in your suspension and be out in 45 days. I decided that was what I was going to do and set my mind on it. So I went to my new school, and met some new friends. It may sound stupid but I really did make some great friends and alternative school wasn't that bad all in all. I just stayed focused on my goal and made my requirements as fast as I could. The way that school worked there were 5 different levels based on how good you were. The levels (from lowest to highest) were O-orientation, L-learning, A-acceptance, W-willing, and S-succeeding. Different levels had different advantages like when you were on S (the highest level) you no longer had to wear a uniform. The main requirement for the early return program was you had to be on S level for a minimum 2 weeks which was the biggest challenge for me, especially since some of the other students purposely tried to get the S students in trouble. I however overcame this set back and stayed on S and made the other requirements as well, I did all of the drug counseling, the N.A. programs, and not to mention the paper I had to write. I made it out and got my early return and was the only one at the school to get it, I feel kinda bad because there were people who deserved it much more than me and they were my friends.

It was a very strange experience to come back, everyone I knew had changed and my senior friends were gone. Even the politics of the school had changed,but most of all I had changed. I matured a great deal in my absence from the school. The trivial things that seemed so important at one time I saw to be stupid and wanted no part of. At alternative school the people were much more mature simply because you had to be to survive. The last thing you wanted at alternative school was drama, because drama at alternative school ended with a fight and a fight there ended with you in handcuffs again. Well I'm going to get off of this and go get dinner but please subscribe if you enjoyed this. Stay Lifted!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment