Saturday, November 21, 2009

My story (sorry if this post is a little whiny)

Well I'm a sophomore in High School in the Memphis area and was just let back into school. Last year I was a serious "Pot-head" and was caught by the police at my school with a dime bag of weed. I was suspended for 180 days from my high school. That is the opening to this story but not the half of it, I vividly remember the day i got arrested, I was in my 5th period science class and me and another person in my class (I won't say names) were shooting dice and I was winning, I ended up with 20 bucks and offered to just buy some weed cause he needed his money. So he handed me 2 small bags of pot and we left class, when I got in the hall i saw my friend (again no name) and walked up to him to tell him that I got some pot for after school. He asked to hold it so I handed him 1 of the bags which was my big mistake. Unknown to me at the time, there was a camera set up in one of the air conditioning vents on the ceiling. So i headed out to my last class of the day so excited for the afternoon to come. Sitting in class I was watching the clock waiting for the day to end, well with 5 minutes left till spring break I hear a loud knock on my classroom door and look up to see a police officer standing in the door. Everyone started looking at me and I didn't understand why. Looking back the officer I realized he was pointing right at me and telling me to come with him to the disciplinary office.

By this time I already knew what was happening, I was busted. As we walked the officer started telling me about how they had cameras throughout the school that no-one knows about. I felt like Winston in the book "1984" by George Orwell, when he found out that there was a camera even in the place where he felt most safe. It was a shocking experience to find out that I wasn't as untouchable as I thought, when I got to the office I saw my friend already there and sitting handcuffed in a chair. They searched me and found the weed, they cuffed me and put me in the back of the squad car. Me and my friend were making jokes the whole time trying to lighten the mood, like when my friend was getting his stuff back when he was being let out he asked the cop if he gets his weed back. However the cops didn't find it as funny as we did.

So after we were let out we were informed that we had been suspended from the school for 180 days. I went to home school but that is a story for another post, and my friend went to alternative school.

To be continued....

No comments:

Post a Comment